Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Strange Fruit

It has been exactly a year since I had major surgery that made me both less and more. I am less somehow because I am missing an organ, but I am more because I have less pain and less regular trauma.

But as I sit here thinking about that space that is not empty, yet not full, I wonder at my sense of longing. "What ifs" and "what could have beens" aren't helpful or productive.

Wombless in room without a view.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize you had had a hysterectomy. I can understand a bit. We should talk sometime. Thinking of you.

Lori said...

Thanks Jenn. I appreciate it a lot. I was out of choices as to how to handle things that were going on, and while I wanted the surgery, somehow I have been feeling strange about it lately.
Yes, we should talk. Been thinking of you a lot lately too!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.