Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Saturday, April 3, 2010

In which I Discuss Fear

The prompt from ReadWritePoem today was to write about fear -- what we fear most. I had already been contemplating fear, whether Christ felt fear as he headed towards His death. And I began to wonder if He feared death or if He feared nothingness. I thought about the possibility of Christ, in His human form feeling fear, and this is where my NaPoWriMo poem #3 started.

And I began to think about this whole process of NaPoWriMo and what it is making me accomplish -- and really, it is pushing me to share my writing before I feel ready; it is pushing me to face my fears of inadequacy, of lacking, of nothingness. Who am I to write? Who am I think that I might have something worth sharing, something that might enlighten or illuminate?
Because, ultimately, that is what I long for, to enlighten or illuminate, not only others who read, but myself more so. I fear that I do not. I fear that I cannot. But I have hope.

Posting these NaPoWriMo poems right after they are written is difficult for me, because I haven't had time to think about them too much. They are raw, and putting them out into the public makes me feel raw, fearful, alone.

I thank each of you who have commented.

A final thought to ponder -- my author friend, Trudy Morgan-Cole wrote this as her status on Facebook today:
We do not go directly from Good Friday to Easter morning. Jesus rested in the tomb on Sabbath; His followers lived with the pain and fear of thinking He was gone forever. Do we, too, need times of darkness, emptiness and solitude, before we can move from suffering into the glorious hope of resurrection and new life?

Have a blessed Sabbath and a wondrous Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.