Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, April 5, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #5

Obsession

I want to write in the way
Your ink floods across the page
but I struggle
with a crippled pen

I wait for a muse

I pretend

I read your words and ask
How
What are you that words become
flesh

Mine lie
Dust, dry white bones
Never even whole

Obsession flows from the lacerations
Your words cause
I cough jealous blood
It splatters,
scars the page

I lick my lips hoping
And the sickness seeps
deeper

I try to resist
But I am drawn

From my dark corner
I see your shadow
pass

5 comments:

Dan Rako said...

Your pen is crippled like an Olympic athlete.

Lori said...

Dan, you are too kind. Wonderful simile there.

flaubert said...

Lori,
I love this part:
"From my dark corner
I see your shadow
pass"
Pamela

Jennifer said...

"I cough jealous blood"

Love it.

Unknown said...

Just doing some catch up. I really like this description of your poetry creation.

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.