Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, April 2, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #2

Today's prompt from ReadWritePoem was less interesting to me. It asked that we take the acronym RWP and plug it into http://www.acronymattic.com and see what acronyms would inspire us. I found examples such as "regular white paper" somewhat interesting, but "rural white paper" stimulated a recent fascination that I have with my youth and this is my take on RWP.

Like all the posts I am putting up for this project, this is my first take. It could stand polishing. But I am posting and composting here. All comments are welcome and encouraged!

Reclaiming Wild Prairie

It’s not what I expected
this longing

For chaff and the pebbled
gold, for choking blonde
flowers, for endless
days filled with aches
and blood

For simplicity of doing
what I’m told and complaining
about it later on an hour long
phone call to an understanding friend

For freedom and wildness
of uncertainty, unknowing
ignorance, for joy of running
with abandon through dark
ridges of soil that settles
in the crevasses and creases

For longer days in open
spaces under unending skies.


4 comments:

Rob Kistner said...

Nice read -- well done...
...rob
Image & Verse

flaubert said...

Well written!
Pamela

Lori said...

Thank you all so much!

Jennifer said...

I like it!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.