Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, April 30, 2010

NaPoWriMo Finale - Hope Is

Today was a freebie day at RWP. It has been a long and crazy ride, this month of April. And I want to thank all of the hard working people at ReadWritePoem for their wonderful efforts. Unfortunately, the site is closing down their live options, and I am very sad. I hadn't been there very long, but I know that there was a sense of family and community there like I have not found elsewhere. Here's hoping that I do find it somewhere ... because it has been a tremendous boon in my poetic life.

And so, here's my offering for Day #30.

Hope Is

the pile of unmatched socks
on the dresser

a pair of jeans
too small for years
in the closet

my newly scrubbed floor
in the house of two small beings

one empty canvas
tucked safely

an empty mail box
in the early morning

the scrap of paper
tacked to the fridge with three lines
of the next poem

7 comments:

rallentanda said...

I love the images, simplicity and warmth of this poem. It has the air of a peaceful early morning.
Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Lori, thank you for your hopeful messages both today and throughout the month. I'll share a line from one of my first poems that is similar: a blank page smiles with optimism. Uplifting!

vivienne blake said...

jd mackenzie has it in one: uplifting. And my admiration comes with a wry smile for the unmatched socks! I swear my washing machine eats socks.

Lori said...

Thanks so much everyone! I am so thankful for each one of you, your comments and your poetic gifts!

This poem is a wish.

Unknown said...

Well, Lori, at least you can do something about the first and last ones! I'll be back to see what you make of those three lines.

markoolio said...

You capture hope perfectly in these images. Hope to see more of your writings down the digital road.

Thanks, Lori!

~Mark

Robin said...

Lori--Is there hope in those unmatched socks...? Not in my house! But seriously, wonderful poem. I love how it ends. I look foward to reading more of your work on some of the other poetry blogs. Best, Robin

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.