Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 29, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #29 - Top News

For today's poem, here was the very interesting prompt:

For this prompt, choose your favorite newspaper or online news provider. Jot down five to ten headlines that jump out at you and without reading the articles, select elements from each headline to create a new event about which your poem reports.

Alternately, let short-format sections inspire you. Write a poem in the form of an obituary, a personal ad, a classified ad, etc. (Bonus points if you can pull off a poem in the form of a crossword puzzle.)

What I would like to know is if I get bonus points for my acrostic version? I still can't believe what is considered "top news" sometimes. Some of this, yes. It's news. But some of it is more like stalking. Just saying...

Top News

Students
addicted to
networking; McGinty admits
didn’t
read sex ed curriculum
attempted abduction
denied
idol Twaining
vitamin B warning
overlooked Rush
recalled Toyotas
consumer alerts
Iraq
needs interim gov’t
green driving

7 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Yep, that's about it! So what's new?
Nicely!

Stan Ski said...

Freddie Starr ate my hamster - and other Tabloid 'headlines' are my favourites.

1965 Footprints said...

Poor Sandra. Good one!

Unknown said...

I need to know who Sandra is and who she's divorcing?! Good work on headline weaving.

barbara said...

Like Derrick, and all america, I want to know

Lori said...

It is Sandra Bullock, apparently, and it was all over the headlines online this morning... I don't know why I need to know her private business.

Anonymous said...

excellent acrostic!!!! sandra ya gotta love her heck she won the best actress this year award... oh, so did her husband... who knew... ewwwww... who cares now abt this vitamin b thingy.... do i need to be concerned??!! it has been fun passing thru here during the rwp napowrimo enjoyed your writings... a life in the day

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.