Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, April 11, 2010

NaPoWriMo #11

I do believe this is my most pathetic attempt yet. I am so tired from a weekend long conference at which I spoke in front of 200+ women and meeting after meeting. When I read the prompt, I thought, "Oh, this should be easy." All I have to say, Ha. Not. So, here it is in all it's stupid glory. Yes, I meant that oxymoron.

It wasn't you, it was
me. I was seduced
by the greener grass
the prettier painting

I didn’t look
deep enough, I didn’t
check closet sizes
or foundation cracks

I was sucked in
by the wrought iron light
fixtures and the trees
shading the patio

And now I yearn
for your walk-in closet
your four bathrooms
and the larger rooms

Who really cares
that your yard was
postage stamp size
or that the hot tub didn’t work
or that your garage
was a shambles

Oh yeah... I remember now
It was you.
I’m fine.

4 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

It's not Yuck! It's a clever little piece - I quite like it!

Lori said...

Thanks Andy. You are too kind.

rallentanda said...

I like it too.

Robin said...

You're simply too tired to appreciate it. You did a nice job here!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.