Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #7

Today's prompt challenged us to write a 5 line poem called a tanka. This is a new form for me, and normally I don't like forms. The prompt asked us to write about a funny or humour love incident. I couldn't really do that, so I wrote about the funniest attempted "pick-up" incident I've had. He became a friend, and that is all because, really... you'll see why.

Really?

In the video store, nose running
fever high, looking for diversion
You noticed my heightened colour, I suppose
And asked for my number
All I had was a tissue.

13 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, I suppose that blew that date then!

Unknown said...

Hi Lori,

Thanks for visiting. Maybe he fancied that he was the cause of your fevered state?!

Marie said...

Thanks for giving me a giggle for the day! Good one!

Ron. said...

Oh, this is icky-licious.

Area 17 said...

Very good! Actually the form in tanka isn't the perceived syllable count, which thankfully you didn't do.

Contemporary tanka are often like the one you've written.

You would love Machi Tawara's Salad Anniversary (translator Jack Stamm). Try abebooks maybe. Although it sold over 2 million copies it's very difficult to get a new copy.

Well done!

Alan

robkistner said...

The read was engaging – well done…
…rob
Image & Verse

Anonymous said...

Love this. nice to get something from a cold, if only a laugh.

Robin said...

That was great. Might make you think about going out sick more often!!

Lori said...

Thanks everyone.

It was the only funny "love" incident I felt inclined to share. I am not as brave as others, and as I happen to know that this individual will never read a line of poetry (can you tell why we never clicked?), I am not afraid to write about it publicly.

I am really appreciating all of your comments!! AND suggestions, Allan. Thanks!

Jason Riedy said...

I love that ending, particularly with the absurd pollen counts around here right now.

Wayne Pitchko said...

this picked me up....nicely done and thanks for sharing

rallentanda said...

Good one Lori

flaubert said...

Lori,
Nice!
Pamela

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.