Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Penultimate Ponderings

Today is the second last day of NaPoWriMo. The day before the last. The penultimate.
I have to say that I am having mixed feelings. Although I am very tired and inspirationally tapped out, I am going to miss the daily challenge. Just a bit.
This month, I have been stretched and poked and prodded. I have been encouraged and enlightened by my fellow poets. Their comments have been a constant source of strength as well as a sort of validation that I am not just wasting my time here. Which is constant fear.

Anyhow, as well as being Poem in Your Pocket day, it is Random Acts of Kindness day. So, here's poem for your pocket and a wish for a fantastic day! I hope you find kindness and joy in each act your perform today.

Joy

by Carl Sandburg

Let a joy keep you.
Reach out your hands
And take it when it runs by,
As the Apache dancer
Clutches his woman.
I have seen them
Live long and laugh loud,
Sent on singing, singing,
Smashed to the heart
Under the ribs
With a terrible love.
Joy always,
Joy everywhere--
Let joy kill you!
Keep away from the little deaths.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think it's so wonderful that you participated in NaPoWriMo. You committed, you stuck to it, and you wrote wonderful poems.

That's gotta feel good!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.