Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 15, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #15 Fridge Talk

We were asked to take stanza of a poem that wasn't quite working and put it to a tune. I am not at all musically inclined, so I went for a rhythm of sorts. I have been severely neglecting my house and cooking for my family this week so I am struggling with that guilt; somehow the two things created this...

Fridge Talk

Chopped, minced
Stir fried, sliced
Because it was
Flaccid, limp

Lying in the pan
Celery vows
revenge or begs

For therapy
Whichever

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just hate it when your celery's flaccid?!

markoolio said...

Love your personification of celery. Trying to think of what tune this could go to. Did you have a tune in mind?

Nice job!

~Mark

robkistner said...

This was a very fresh bit of writing -- ;)
I liked it Lori...

...rob
Image & Verse

Lori said...

@Derrick -- most things should not be flaccid. :)
@Mark -- Thanks. I didn't have a tune at all. Like I said, not musically inclined. I just sort of saw it as a marching ditty that goes, well, flat...
@rob -- thanks! You are very punny! :)

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done...just cleaned our fridge out yesterday....something resembling celery was crawling around...thanks for sharing

Robin said...

Very funny!!! Don't you just hate those worn out veggies from the bottom of the crisper?! I think I have some stuff in need of lots of therapy, and soon.

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.