Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #14






This is a new and very challenging poetic for, at least for me. I found myself, once again, in that dark corner, watching the shadows of the greats.

The picture here is how I *want* it to look, but formatting here is difficult.

But here's my first attempt.

Thanks to Nicole Nicholson for the great prompt.


The Cleave: Between Papa and Bard

A traitor he calls it
Cramped and clawed
Untrained, aged
Its twin ragged, bloody
Still holding the line
Waiting for sharks

On one hand there’s
the craving, deep and dark
like bloody daggers
to write legends
move to ecstasy
words that spawn
splatter and spill


How deep does the scarlet
Seep, she wonders
Staring at the once familiar
Friends that shaped her future
No, they didn’t commit the act
But the blood’s still there

4 comments:

flaubert said...

Lori,
Nicely done too bad you couldn't change the effect for emphasizing.
Pamela

Lori said...

Thanks Pamela. I was really annoyed. I tried several different options, but this is what I had to do. Sigh.

evelyn.n.alfred said...

I'm not sure how to read it without them being next to each other. Did you try using bold print?

Lori said...

Evelyn, I have posted picture (after much technological adventuring) of how it should look. As to how to read it, well, there are different ways, I believe. Hope this helps!
Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.