Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, April 19, 2010

NaPoWriMo #19 Epiphany

We were supposed to write about an "light bulb moment" today, a moment of truth or realization. This is a true story. And it is a draft too... I know there is more here, but I am frankly too tired to flesh it out right. Suggestions would be appreciated.

NaPoWriMo #19

Epiphany

Phoned an old friend
for casual conversation
everyday things and cares
changes and challenges
the usual chat

Long and verbose she winded
with comments random
and slightly strange

A moment of doubt
but the voice seemed right

Questions about work
expectations of a visit
and still a niggling doubt

“Do you have a cold?”

Twenty minutes can be
a life time between friends

And between strangers as well

Instead of mortification, her
response to her mistake

Marriage.

3 comments:

rallentanda said...

Marital problems alluded to perhaps?

flaubert said...

Good one Lori.
Pamela

Lori said...

LOL Rallentanda. No. I guess that means I need to work on this more -- as I suspected :)
Thanks Pamela!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.