Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, April 9, 2010

NaPoWriMo #9

This day's prompt was the cliche and proverbial "humdinger"... Don't know about this one at all, but I couldn't resist the Mission Impossible allusion. Here's the prompt:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to:

  • Use at least twelve words from this list: flap, winter, torch, pail, jug, strum, lever, massage, octopus, marionette, stow, pumice, rug, jam, limp, campfire, startle, wattle, bruise, chimney, tome, talon, fringe, walker;
  • Include something that tastes terrible;
  • Include some part (from a few words to several lines) of a previous poem that didn’t quite pan out; and
  • Include a sound that makes you happy.

Here's the result:

Words

I am
a marionette

They strum and heave
my strings. I am an easy
walker in their sway
tome talon torch
Playful and suggestive
stroke startle stow
Horrid and bitter
carob winter
Joyous poignant bliss
coffee maker gurgle
first born giggle
Warm and edgy
chimney fringe
Betraying and truthful
aware and oblivious
of contradiction

3 comments:

Eryl said...

You did a far better job than I did. Carob, yuk!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

This is fun. Earlier it seemed every poem was about campfires and now? Marionettes are appearing. It is such fun, how this prompt shaped our poems today!

My poem - April in Bakersfield?

Lori said...

Thanks! It is a really rough poem, yet.

I am unhappy though that I cannot get the formatting to show. My lines in intention are a little different than this shows...

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.