Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 1, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #1

Because I am seriously lacking in inspiration right now after fighting the flu for a week, I am using the writing prompts from ReadWritePoem.

The prompt was to take the first five songs from your iPod shuffle and use them to compose a poem. We were not to change the wording or rearrange the titles; they had to be intact, although we were allowed to add punctuation. Here's the result. I am not thrilled yet, but I see some potential. Can you find all five song titles??? Would love to say there is a prize in it for you, but there isn't -- beyond my respect. ;)

Would love your comments!

Shuffling

I know you were waiting
for me to take
a first step

A step towards something
blue and green
maybe gold

I do
crave the colours,
the experience

But still you wait to take me
to the river of sapphire
bottle green

But you will wait
a thousand years, a thousand
thousand years

For that step,
while I watch
patio lanterns

poetryhand1 by SerenaAgusto-Cox.

Picture courtesy of www.monniblog.com

3 comments:

Robin said...

Liked it a lot! The ending was such a surprise, and very refreshing.

Jennifer said...

Ooooh... I LOVE the facelift of your blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE your background.

Fun poem idea! Very beautiful imagery.

Lori said...

Robin, thanks! And thanks for visiting!
Jenn, thanks too! I am pleased with the "face lift" too.

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.