Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, April 18, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day 18 - To All The Cats I've Known Before

Imagine Willie singing and then Johnny Cash talking the extra bits. This prompt was a little silly for me.

To All the Cats I’ve Known Before

To all the cats I've known before
Who travelled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the cats I've known before
The cat aptly named “Kitty”
A barnyard find
A loveable grey pretty
To her loss, I am resigned

To all the cats I once patted
And may I say I've pat many that’d
Scratched up my couches
Shown me the meaning of slouches
To all the cats I've patted
To Axel, the kitten with issues
Seriously insane
Chosen for your orange hues
And given an apt name

The bells and balls are always rolling
And everywhere I try to walk
The fluffs of fur keep blowing
Those balls and fur my cleaning mock
To Tinker and Snowball
Childhood friends
Listeners and pals
Met untimely harvester ends

To all the cats who shared my lap
Curled tight purring then unwrap
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the cats I've loved before
To Desdemona, more
His cat than mine
I’m sure you’re still sore
That I crossed that line

To all the cats who ignored me
Who filled my house with allergens
They now climb someone else’s tree
And I try my house to freshen
To Pixie, Blackie
Vixen and Belle
To Caleb and Jacky
Sultan and Nels

Of all the cats I've sneezed at before
The pollens’ always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The asthma inhaler’s always blowing
And they just carry me away
I’m sorry to say that
I’m no longer a fan
Of the furry small cat
Too little breath made that ban


To all the cats I’ve loved before
Who travelled in and out my doors
I’m glad they came along
I’m glad they’re gone
To all the cats I’ve sneezed at before

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wille. Yep, and I can hear Cash intoning. I don't think it's silly. Well, I do think it's silly, but in the right way.
(cats are about the only thing I'm not allergic to)

Anonymous said...

that is so delightful... especially so singin with willie and johnnie... i agree with everything you say tho i still have 4... here kitty kitty

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love it! I can really identify with it, it is very clever and melodic.
Char

Wayne Pitchko said...

meow meow....Willie...Waylon..and Cash...cool cats and so is your poem Lori....thanks

Dan said...

All kittens have issues, right?

Unknown said...

This is great fun! You could have a career in songwriting!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.