Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, April 23, 2010

NaPoWriMo #23 An Epic Battle

Well, we were supposed to write about two ideas that would not normally be placed together, a juxtaposition (I LOVE that word -- it is such a savory thing). And since I watched the much-hyped Avatar last night and spring cleaned this morning, I believe the two may have influenced me somewhat. Also, I am exhausted. Nevertheless (another word that I love), I sort of like this one.

An Epic Battle

Quickly (as noisily as possible) remove
the heinous
beasts; destroy
their lair and wipe
them from existence
Murder their children, slash
with the swift strokes
of villainous intent

Suck them into oblivion
Swirl them into the void
Take the vicious creatures hence

With an malevolent laugh
I tip the offensive miscreants
Into the dark plasticy depths
And banish them to the far reaches
Of my queendom until the final
Sentences can be carried out

And I so the dust bunnies die
Their burrow beneath my bed
No longer

3 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, the dust bunnies! I was wondering who the heinous beasts were for a moment.

J. D. Mackenzie said...

Thank you for sparing me from the violence I was anticipating! Very nice job at the turn and closing with a twist that left me feeling tricked (in a very nice sort of way)

Unknown said...

How could you treat the poor dust bunnies so, All Powerful One?!

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think. Please feel free to comment.